PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 8th Aug 2010, 20:30
GS-Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is Mr. Walsh going to do now? Well perhaps he will just carry on running BA as normal. He has his cost savings from the imposition. He has his cost savings to cover the cost of the strikes coming from 'New Fleet'. He has kept his promise of not returning staff travel to the strikers.

What do you think he needs to do? It seems to me he already has everything he wants. This dispute is over unless BASSA decides to do something so the question is what is BASSA going to do? Your court cases seem pretty thin to me. Your strike action has failed to push Mr. Walsh to the negotiating table. I can't see any future strikes getting him to the table either. BA is simply getting on with business as usual. Meanwhile the commuters who went on strike are suffering without their staff travel. How long do you think it will be before they start leaving the company because they cannot afford to keep working?

I really cannot fathom where Mr. Walsh has failed. He has done a stunning job treading where his predecessors have not dared to tread, and I hope he continues to do so.