PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You want us to descend now?
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2002, 14:32
Max Angle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
055166k says:

My favourite response to a pilot query on the type of message you refer to is "which part of the instruction did you not understand?"
In which case you are just the sort of smart alec that that we don't need on the other end of the radio. I would not dream of talking to a controller that way and I don't expect it come the other way thank-you very much.

In situations where "descend when ready" is a common clearance most ATCOs say "Descend now FLxx" or "due traffic, descend now FLxx" which seems a very good way of putting it. In fact if I get a descent clearance a fair way short of the TOD point I just start down at 1000fpm and pick the profile up further down.

Standard Noise:

I think you need to remember matey that when you are talking to me on the radio that YOU are providing ME with a SERVICE. You are there because I am, not the other way around. The tone of your comments does you and your profession no credit at all. You are REQUIRED to get a read back on all executive instructions and if tapes show that you didn't then you are at fault not the pilot. If the intruction is not read back it might just as well not have been given. Sound like you need two weeks leave old son.

Last edited by Max Angle; 5th Aug 2002 at 14:44.