PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 8th Aug 2010, 18:33
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The more I think about it now the more I think BASSA have failed us - BIG TIME sadly!

Mixed Fleet is not great news for us - but we did have the option last year against it - I really could cry when I think that the way we are working now (with temps working to new agreements/pay alongside us) with us remaining on current fleets and no new fleet set up could be the way forward - and BA discussed it a few times. With shares. With bonus ticket Meaning we get into profit and the savings we may have had to endure we would still get rewarded for profit. OMG! It just makes me anrgy to be honest! We didn't even get to see some of the offers apparently - and it wasn't put to the membership of BASSA or AMICUS.

Maybe a book/movie could be made in the future. How a Union can fail a a membership. Plenty of examples could be from the BA dispute.

Of course I do feel for some of the agreements the temps are working to. But if they were that bad - had we had a progressive union that was reasonable and worked with the company AND employees then it could be improved. But now there will be a real them and us with regards to Mixed Fleet crews!

I understand why costs need to come down, and as BF has said there were only a few options I suppose - however some of the options he discussed with (intergrated fleet) were a much better compromise!

Well - after my initial reservations of the proposal which I have expressed - I hope any future offers don't get any worse (especially for those of us in the Union who have stayed to Vote NO to strike!)