PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-800 Max speed / min distance emergency on finals?
Old 8th Aug 2010, 18:13
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, Line shoot coming up. I had the misfortune to have an aircraft decide to combust right after T/O at a Canadian field, did a dumbell back to a crossing runway {Downwind} total time in the air just over one minute fourty, already there was spar damage. Air Canada had a Viscount burn after T/O at a Quebec field, time in the air was I belive about four minutes, all the engine controlls on the affected side burned through and the spar melted just after they got out, one fatal, a woman pushed by a blocking FA and jumped out the wrong side.In Austrailia similar stories with two aircraft, one planted it on the ground right away, one didnt, gues which crew/pax made it. If its burning and its not responding to the fire bottles, put the thing in a field, better to be critsized after wrecking an aircraft than need DNA to identify you. God knows what one does in the middle of the Oggin! The little aircraft I fly right now has a long range tank in each nacelle, right behind the turbo, acording to the owners club you have ten minutes max to get it down if things go bang around the turbo. To sum up, if you can get sim time to play "what if", then do it.