PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2010, 15:26
Mocamps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently flew with BA and had a chat with a short-haul stewardess - young, very pleasant, had been with BA for a couple of years but did not see this as a 'job for life'. She seemed to have a very realistic view of how things will go in future and totally accepted that the older crew members have had a very good deal in the past but it can no longer continue in the present economic climate. There was no resentment there, just an awareness of how the world is at the moment.

It all left me wondering what rational and realistic cabin crew make of what can only be described as paranoid rantings that are evident from some of the pro-BASSA postings on the other thread. The most recent from 'Hector Vector' are possibly the worst to date and, from what I can see, serve only to amuse most people and irritate those who can't resist taking the bait. In fact, he doesn't even seem to be able to get his story straight about whether it is he or his wife who work for BA!!

Some time ago I met someone who had flown with Liz Malone and says that she too comes across as very pleasant, rational and sensible. If that is the case (and we don't seem to hear much from her so I have no real evidence that it is not) then surely she can see that some effort is needed to try to control the likes of DH as he really does not seem to understand that his rants (as most seem to be attributed to him and they do bear a remarkable resemblance to those that he openly admits to ) are serving no useful purpose and indeed, are probably only convincing the more intelligent crew members who have been loyal to date that he has indeed lost the plot!! Why does she not say or do something to stop him?? Surely, if anything is to be salvaged of BASSA it now needs some of them to get together and try to distance themselves from these ravings?