PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2010, 12:40
BFS101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think everyone forgets that the airport is as keen on the extension as FR. Ryanair is constantly the focus when we talk about the runway. The airport has no gun to its head.
But surely the airport are only so keen to get the extension, so that FR can offer European services. If Ryanair were not operating at the city would the airport still be so keen to spend the millions required for the extension??? In my eyes, while the airport management would like a longer runway, it's all down to the potential FR operation at the minute.

Like many previous posters have stated, and myself, besides FR, what other airlines want this extension (not FlyBE nor bmi), and again what other airlines are lined up to use should the extension be granted?? Many, many airlines if they so wanted, or felt the demand was they, could already operate to Europe from BHD as displayed by BE, BD, FQ and EN.

The owners of BCA are paying so where is the big bill you talk of?
And how will the airport fund this? Ultimately they need to aquire the money from somewhere. FR are notorious for wanting a bargain, will they cough up?, or will it be passed on to bmi, FlyBE, customer parking, higher shop rents. As a business the airport need to make the money back, and if they can't through higher landing fees to FR, or the passenger cap is not lifted so no great increase of terminal passngers, then were will these millions be found??

It is irrelevant when we are talking about performance restrictions.
Which basically takes us right back to the 738, oh and to Ryanair!! Shock.