Old 8th Aug 2010, 10:19
jimd-f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
admin messages

looking back over some of the recent messages from Bassa Admin i found this one
"BASSA > Latest News
A QUICK UPDATE

Aug 3rd, 2010 by admin

This is is just a quick update because I told you the branch committee were meeting today, mentioning there might be a Branch meeting called next week and I guess a lot of you will be "tuning in" for some confirmation or not. For various reasons which include, school holidays, availability of venues, reps on leave and a host of reasons I don’t want to reveal to BA, it was decided to hold back any branch meeting until Monday 6th September at Kempton Park (11am). This does not rule out a ballot for industrial action taking place before that date. A fuller explanation with expanded details will be put out later in the week.
The UNITE meeting with Walsh was short (but alas not sweet). He remains as depressingly stubborn and foolishly intransigent as ever, so scheduled talks next week are not expected to bring any dramatic improvements to the situation. Sadly this means the fight goes on and yesterday afternoon we were heartened when JGS Woodley and Simpson guaranteed the continuation of UNITE’s full and unequivocal support.
Like me I expect you are constantly asked by friends, family and people "down the pub" whether or not it is safe to book BA tickets on such and such date. Last year when we announced the 12 days of Xmas we attracted a lot of criticism from the media, and indeed a High Court judge, for ruining the travelling public’s plans over the holiday period. Notice was indeed short and the fact many could not make alternative plans left us with an uncomfortable feeling. If however, in future you are asked the question about when the next likely dates for industrial action are going to be, it would be wise to advise whoever is doing the asking that no dates, no matter how sacrosanct, have been ruled out.
These are tough times for cabin crew and there has been a lot of vindictive pain inflicted by BA on loyal union members. From here on in, we make no apology that we do not intend to take that pain lying down. Whatever it takes will have to be done.
See you on the 6th if you can make it. Regards Duncan".

i know that Unite rescinded Duncan's close the blinds comments, but have not seen anything about these comments which appear to me to be encouraging union members to defy the companies attempts to get back to normal.
is this part of the new plans by bassa to employ "guerilla tactics" as mentioned previously in one of duncan's posts.