PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine Failure
Thread: Engine Failure
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2010, 09:12
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IO 540 and Fuji Abound are one of the main reasons I come to this forum.
I am flattered - thank you. There are a great many posters on here I enjoy reading, yours included.

1200 hours or 12000 hours, it means very little, all pretty meaningless.
To be fair to Guppy he has a point. In reality hours count. In reality variety and expiences count for more. I have had the pleasure of flying with guys who have a huge number of hours on a large number of types. It shows, it shows from the moment they start flying the aircraft. I enjoyed doing my multi rating and I would recommend anyone do so, even if they dont go on to fly multis. Why? Well I think it stretches your flying skills so when you fly simple singles the management of the aircraft seems very straight forward. In the same way I would recommend anyone to do some aeros. I recall when I started a big grin and a lingering thought - "I cant believe the aircraft / I could do that". I had the great pleasure of spending a few hours in a propoer commercial sim recently. Working with the guys doing engine failures, engine fires, single engine approaches to minima, cat 111 approaches with an autopilot failure etc, all provides invaluable lessons.