PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help Needed: Going to USA for CPL+CFI (3 rating)
Old 8th Aug 2010, 08:08
coolboy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IndAir967
Buddy.. Getyourself an good degree first from an good and reputed university..
Even if you dont end up with a job as a pilot later u ll still have something to
fall upon.. The reason I tell you this is.. See around you
Thanks for the suggestion, i appreciate it. What i had planned was that once i get my CPL in my hand after the conversion exams and all, i would purse English or Eco hons side by side here in India to increase my educational qualifications, thats of high priority because i dont want to write high school passout in my edu. qualifications box.

Originally Posted by devyani_rao
I have only one advice, never pay up all the money in advance. If the school is asking for all the money in advance thats not the nicest school for you
Nopes, the school has a made a payment schedule wherein i need to pay a part of fees on arrival + every installment each 30 days i stay there and as my training progresses.

Originally Posted by aviator1989
First of all the school you are mentioning does buddy logging
that means two students will do together on a flight and both will share the hours which is illegal and i've heard that lately dgca has rejected some of the logbooks from this school (cannot confirm that)
, had absolutely no info on that. I have a close relative who has just come from this flying school around a year back and i can assure that he aint any agent or someone, his dad has enough money to last him another cpl course.
He told me that school is good and like some people do, theres isnt any fake logging like flying 2 hours and making entry for 3 but as you have warned me now, let me try out finding more about this particular school.

secondly $48850 is too much for these rating any faa cpl holder can tell that
and it is better to pay for type rating than these rating unless you plan to instruct for some time (i dont believe in paying for TR either)
Well the 48850 $ was the least i could manage out there seeing a few other flying schools. And regarding instructing, i would be more than happy instructing for even 2 years after i finish my training provided someone gives me a work visa