PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 7th Aug 2010, 23:23
Hector Vector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs. BA has also found litigation to be a "dangerous avenue", hence losing its injunction on appeal. Now Walsh is going to be on the receiving end.

The fact is MissyMinx that employees have contracts. Perhaps you have one. There you go, I have just ripped it up. Your annual leave has been cut to 19 days, you are no longer in a Final Salary pension scheme and because you are on a new contract, you no longer have the protection of the 1948 Redeployment Agreement. Your new contract has reduced your basic pay by £5,000 which will also affect your pension, if you have not already left the company. Surely you would agree with this new "ethos"? If you don;t, what are you going to do? Go on strike?

And another note on contracts, I do not get into the queue at Tescos and when I get the bill, just tell the check out till operator what I am prepared to pay for the goods. I may not think half a dozen eggs is worth 97p, but the price is a "contract" to buy.

The same with crew on older contracts. It would have been much cheaper merely to have bought them off with severance, plus all the associated damage to BA and its brand would have been saved. No instead, Willie had to use the big stick and now it is going to cost BA hundreds of millions more to pay for his mistakes.