PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR rostering department mistakes
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2010, 22:40
Dan cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you really need an example of the obvious incompetence of the rostering?

Actually I like some of their mistakes, e.g. I like is when they shoot themselves in the foot buy filling your week with 5 days STBY, but they call you in your day off paying you extra money and a Day off in lieu.

I also like it when they roster you for min. rest between 2 flights, and for 10 or 15 minutes delay, you just bust the next duty (bad if it is a nice layover, but it often leave them with a full night work to re-construct the roster.

I don't think the space is enough but I will share below some issues:

-Unfair distribution of the layovers.
-Ignoring or canceling the awarded requests by Jeppesen before distributing the monthly roster.
-Taking your days off without even asking you (forcing some of us to report sick just to avoid the hassle).
-Planning the "nice" layovers just after a minimum rest, the result : few minutes delay and the layover goes to "someone else" and what do you get in return? 4 sectors day.
-The inability to respect any seniority system awarding the annual leave. (is it possible that some pilots serving for 5 or 6 years could not get their leave once during Christmas holidays?

I leave the rest for other colleagues to share their experience here.