PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2010, 21:52
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pitotman, well said, I am retired,{Still flying my own twin and very well paid for it, well enough to train deserving kids and pay them} and have outlived most of my course mates.What I find a bit strange is how one side in this discussion harp on about "its the law, so must be obeyed" but ignore the fact that we live in a democracy, thus surely in such a society the will of majority should hold sway. I often didnt like what CALPA did {Im pre ACAPA} but in our society the majority should call the shots.I know this will bring forth a long ramble from one side or the other, so be it, but if majority rule is to be ignored by various elite commitees working outside of the electoral process then we are indeed heading for a society which will be run by those who think they are the keepers of our nation, not those elected by a majority to run things . As an example, I would hang Robert Picton in the village square,{and sell tickets to cover the cost of his trial} but the majority of Canadians dont want capital punishment, thus I go along with the view of the majority, thats the way it should work, not having seventy out of three thousand calling the shots. Thats the view from the retirment bench.

Last edited by clunckdriver; 7th Aug 2010 at 22:43.