PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help Needed: Going to USA for CPL+CFI (3 rating)
Old 7th Aug 2010, 21:28
coolboy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Needed: Going to USA for CPL+CFI (3 rating)

Hello friends,

My name is Rajat Sharma, completed my 10+2 with physics and maths as required and i reside in India. I have acquired the class 1 DGCA medical. I need your help regarding a few queries of mine as i want to get a CPL+CFI ratings from "Dean International", Miami, Florida, USA.

Following are my questions to you :

1. How is the flying school? According to my research and some chats with the former students, it looks like the flying school is good but you never know until you have self experience.

2. I am planning to do CFI course because the job opportunities with a basic 250 hour cpl are almost zero. I may be wrong but i think with a CFI rating and some extra experience under my belt, it could be of some use when i apply for a job.

3. DEAN INTERNATIONAL has offered me a 1.5 year package for CPL+CFI with guaranteed 6 month internship there with a $500 stipend every month + the amount i earn teaching can be utilised to increase multi engine hours.

Total package with accomodation and transport for CPL, CFI, CFII, MEI is $48850. Is it worth it or are these internship claims just to fool new students.

4. The visa which we would acquire is the M1 student visa which states that we cannot work or get any salary from any US personnel. How many years for would we get it.

5. Is it worth going for a type rating program for A320 or Boeing 737-800 instead of the CFI package which costs $ 11850 extra over basic Indian CPL programme.

6. What are the job prospectives of a CFI in India? Even if we want to work as a CFI in USA after the M1 visa, is it possible to get a work permit or something which allows us to work in the USA in return of a fixed salary.

Thanks a lot for your replies in advance, hope you can solve my queries and apologies if i have made any mistake in my first post

Thanks