PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2010, 20:53
pitotman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over 60 aka fly till ya die........

Vic777,

Last time I checked you are ACPA....so if you want change than I suggest you get on a ferry and attend meetings! (Cause most do not) When are our 3000 plus members going to understand that the only people who can affect change are ourselves. That is one of my problems with Ray's plight........he is retired! For decades he enjoyed the fruits of our system and now he and a greedy bunch of retirees or those at the top are trying to force change.............
Change is coming but it should be by the membership for the membership...... not a bunch of old miserable retirees who don't have a life and need to dawn a uniform just to wake up in the morning.........
Last time I checked Vic777 our membership voted to have status quo........so if you have the time before you hit 60 then pass a motion to have a new IVR vote to see if the membership wants to continue to fight against over 60. When 51 % of our membership votes for change than I will accept over 60...until then I am all for fighting it tooth and nail. If you run out of time then I am sure Ray will be all too willing to add your name to the list of former members who feel the need to sue their colleagues.
You ask if there is anything else an ACPA member can do to protect once self, well you could always quit and join Parc aviation. But I can tell you this much ahead of time the contract you will sign with them will not be opened and changed at your discretion! You will live and die by that contract............ Oh yeah and 99% of the contracts you have to be under the age of 57 at signing and expire when you are 60…………sound familiar?
Parc Aviation Recruitment and Resourcing

ALPA did not get JAZZ the last gains in bargaining, the 97% unified pilot group did.

Cormac Ward
YVR 767