PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad EEG
Thread: Bad EEG
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2010, 16:22
homonculus

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
irvinelmo - I am glad you live abroad. We are talking about a report on an EEG - a massive amount of data - where different doctors have given different opinions. Differing opinions are no basis upon which to fire off a complaint. Doctors dont report an abnormality to wind the patient up, nor do we hide abnormalities because of upsetting patients. I dont know what you have winged about in the past, but your comments are inappropriate.

The EEG is a large amount of raw data - a bit like the old DECCA print outs. There can be artifacts and other false readings. Different people will put different weight on this. Different reporters will also put different significance on aspects of the data. So dont be surprised to get differing results on a borderline EEG which may or may not be abnormal.

The CAA introduced strobe EEGs with JAR - it was horrible, but soon got dumped as an unreliable test.

In the UK I would recommend you ask the CAA to advise on the report and if that doesnt go your way ask one of the handful of neurophysiologists who spend their lives reading EEGs to re report it

Good luck