PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2010, 16:00
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your concern Clunk, but I never really could see the point of a Blackberry (crappy Canadian invention if you ask me), so I went for an iPhone instead

On your other points, trade between the UAE and Canada in 2008 was $1.6bn and here are some facts and figures from 2006 that you may find of interest:

The UAE is Canada's largest export market in the Middle East and North Africa.

More than 100 Canadian firms are present in the UAE, including in the aerospace, construction and health care sectors.

More than 12,000 Canadians live and work in UAE.

The Canadian Business Council of Dubai and the Northern Emirates and the Canadian Business Council of Abu Dhabi have more than 500 members representing many professions including engineers and project managers.

Canadian exports include aircraft and aircraft simulators, telecommunications equipment, medical instruments, agri-food products, precious stones, metals and minerals.

Canadian imports from UAE include oil, chemicals, iron and steel products, minerals and precious stones, and textiles.

Bare in mind that these figures are a little old now, so they are likely far higher than those shown above (I couldn't be bothered to go further down the Google page). They come from the Canadian Government Foreign Affairs and International Trade website.... Check it out, you might actually learn something, instead of posting crap!!

Now, were there any other of your silly little fires you'd like me to p1ss on??