PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Feds lied about storing body scan images.
Old 7th Aug 2010, 15:38
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Juan Tugoh
History tells us the revolutions seldom result in free society. Usually the regime that sweeps in with a revolution is more restrictive and intrusive and paranoid than the one it replaces.
Sure, but the revolution gives an opportunity to break into govt buildings and destroy things!

Any, and all, govts will gradually acquire more restrictive rights for themselves. A revolution tends to 'reset' the values and therein lies the chance.

To be serious, am I bothered about my image being stored in this way? Couldn't care less. Will these scanners mane any difference to airline security? Probably not.

MathFox
PAXboy, the image generated by the computer has to be temporarily stored in order to show it. Alas all scanners seem to have the functionality to permanently store the images and allow a way to get them out of the machine onto a normal computer.
Eerr, Yes. I thought that was what I said? It has to be stored temporarily after the scan is completed, so that it can be displayed. The storage might be in memory or on a disc and it could be stored permanently by changing one setting.

'National Security' are the words to watch out for ...

ExXB
I certainly didn't think, when they introduced these things, that the images wouldn't be stored, shared, used for training, etc.
Sorry, I'm just too cynical, I assumed that they would be and would become a 'currency'. This story is of no surprise and there will be others.

Have you ever seen collections of medical x-rays doing the rounds ....? I have and I'm not in the medical world.