PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2010, 14:46
ChicoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just don't see how one is too impressed with execs who allow an industrial dispute to roll on for many months, whilst the brand is suffering colateral damage.
LotPax, there are many of us that would like BA to be able to summarily sack these dour, miserable old timers who are a blight on the airline and put so many people off flying on it. If they had been able to do that, then there probably wouldn't even have been a strike.

But to stop employers binning people just because they don't like them, there are things called laws.

Therefore BA are operating within the law and have given BASSA every chance to wise up and do the right thing.

There is only one party dragging this out, and that's BASSA, and that's because they are also operating within the law, which protects them. However, their ability to do damage is already waning considerably, and I for one look forward to them sloping off with their tails between their legs.

I feel sorry for the decent, hardworking CC who have given their all through this dispute, but get tarred with the same brush by less well educated members of the public.

As others have said, BA need to find a way to "manage" these miserable so-and-so's out of the company, but the truth is, despite their constant bitching and moaning, they know they have it good!