PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Hold Pool News
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2010, 08:36
evian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E mail, was just to hand over to the new man in charge, also said there are some positive signs in the far and middle east. New man now our point of contact and JM also said as the aviation business is small that our paths were bound to cross in the future.

Having spoken to friends in BA this is what I make of the e mail:

There have been several rumors recently about BA and when they are likely to recruit. I suspect that some people may have emailed JM to confirm their interest in the company. The email therefore is to inform of the new chap, his role is more that just recruitment, it's also internal fleet transfers and I think organizing the training.

Though I would love them to recruit soon, friends say a small amount of recruitment in spring of next year. I find that an odd time as you wouldn't be on line till the end of the summer!!

Paul Nichols is the new man in charge and it is thought he was happy to disband Hold pool/we'll ring you first, promise, I think he was just going to let everyone have to apply again in the normal way. Though I have heard that there are people in his department who are working hard for us ex holdpoolers so that we may not have to jump every hoop. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.