PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2010, 23:42
eagleflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about clearly stating on the frequency that you will get punished by AENA if you give a shortcut or higher than filed flightlevel when asked for it? If this was the true reason, itīs what Iīd be doing. You canīt be punished for speaking the truth.

I canīt understand your strict adherence to the CTOT either. In Germany we take full advantage of the 15-minute timeframe and on some routings, especially to Spain, we can (and do) give shortcuts that amount to about 40 miles.
Some of our sectors are also heavily regulated, but still we give direct routings through those sectors if traffic permits.
Air traffic is too complex and dynamic to try directing it without flexibility.

About the video I saw on youtube: itīs absolutely astonishing that anyone put it to the internet at all. It shows such an unprofessional behaviour that I donīt find any words for it. The people involved should rather be ashamed than putting it online. There are certainly other ways to express your anger towards your employer.

I can hardly believe that AENA would punish you for giving directs and higher levels but let people get away with the show on youtube.