PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2010, 23:01
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No doubt Ryanair want to be paid for the privilege of flying from Luton?

No doubt any financial loss by Ryanair 'downsizing' would have little effect on the airport operator?
I wasn't in anyway stating Ryanair wanted to leave LTN, or were in a spat with the airport management over fees...

All I was stating was how over the last few years the number of routes from LGW has grown with the airline, and from sitting in the sideline and watching them grow previously when they get to the number of routes they now have, they quite often look to turning it into a base.

My comments were, this could potentially make LTN vulnerable, and the airline could look to move the four aircraft south of the river. Especially now Ryanair are not receiving so many new aircraft and may look to deploy them at the airports that work best for them!

Its just a case the routes FR operate from LTN seem to be regularly chopped and changed or if not, the frequencies are regularly reduced. Is this a case the airline has problems making routes work out of the airport?

Even though slots at LGW are hard to come by, if an airline really wants to operate from there, they seem to manage to find them. Take easyJet, FlyBE and Aer Lingus for example.

Ryanair will probably never admit it, but they do seem to switching their model at some airports to more congested and busier airports, take MAD and BCN for example. If they can make more money fill planes from there, they might be willing to give it a try.