PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI BABY - Deceptive Ticket Pricing
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2010, 20:29
Beer_n_Tabs

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think that is any consolation at all for unethical practice. I abhor this type of complacency which is what allows such practices to be perpetuated.
Actually I think Max Angle nailed it. So I disagree with your comment Mr Capetonian (although I am sure you are a great bloke and all round friendly kinda fella...so no offence intended).

LCC's are always on the news / papers / t'internet / chats in the pub about how they rip us off with the 'extras' etc....unless you live in a dark cave without electricity and a TV / t'interent then you cannot escape the amount of times the LCC's are slagged off......but bizzarely ...they carry gazillons of pillocks like me here and there.

Personally, I do try to avoid them and if we trawl the net then often when you add the add ons the legacy / flag carriers arent that much more expensive, and actually often cheaper...but lets be honest here...if you don't live in that cave then why do millions hit the 'confirm booking' button (or similar button) on the LCC's ?

The fools are us...the travelling public. What the LCC's do is not unethical as such..just clever marketing (i say clever in a tongue in cheek kinda way).

Anyway...i dont come here much these days and sorry if you have nodded off by now. I'm going to open another beer !

Cheers
Beer_n_Tabs