PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Look at what BA are up to....
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2010, 13:28
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posted by Basil
When I was in BA there was a company policy of 'Service recovery', that is to say that errors should be handled in a manner which would leave the offended passenger with a higher opinion of the company than they would have had even if no error had occurred in the first place.
There still is.
We as in charge crew members used to be able to offer 'Service Recovery' in the form of a gift from our inflight sales but that has now ceased for various reasons.
However, I have arranged for a gift to be sent directly to the customer by contacting Customer Relations by way of an apology on a few occasions in the past, where the customer has had the experiences related here. This used to be anything from airmiles, bottles of wine, and flowers. The same I believe, still apllies on the ground.
If I felt as a SCCM that a customer has been mishandled, I still do it and of course there is always the facility to upgrade the customer with the consent of the Captain and only for a commercial reason.

Capetonian,
Some of us still go 'beyond the call' of duty for our customers, within the line of duty.