PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Academy ripping off Jetstar applicants
Old 6th Aug 2010, 12:16
Back Pressure

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Faaarck GA is a mess in this country. Is it better anywhere else on this planet ?

I'm not an aviation pro - recreational for me - but I am astonished at the attitude that seems to be prevalent here that you've just got to bend over and take it up the Rse.

Absolutely no way would that be acceptable in the IT world that I inhabit. Your employer needs you to have a particular skill that you don't yet have ? Then they pay for the training - the concept that I would have to pay for it myself so my employer could reap the benefit ? Ludicrously laughable !!! And this applies to ANY occupation, except, it seems, to flying an aircraft ???????????

Time for all you people to grow some cohones and say NO. Jethro is 100% correct, although his is a small voice (just like mine), and so will probably make no difference - because lots of you pilots out there working for money seem to have given up and resigned yourselves to dealing with the status quo.

You folks need a good strong union, or else get out of aviation and stop whinging.

PS. I really not having a go at pilots - this is a work issue - I'd say the same thing to brickies' labourers if they were in the same boat.... (yeah, mixing metaphors etc)