PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 6th Aug 2010, 10:15
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Hot Wings you are so far off the mark with your comments.

The selection process for this new fleet will be exactly the same as it always has been for Ba crew. BA have always wanted to select the best.
Your comments make no sense are you trying to say that in the past BA have not gone out to select the best crew!!

People in hold pools are always reinterviewed before being taken on if they have been in a hold pool for more than 6 months.

What has happened in this situation is that these poor temps, who have been caught up in this situation as cannon fodder during the strike, have found themselves stuck in the middle. Because they are working as crew now they are having to complete the internal application and although I expect this is very similar to the external one, on the internal application you will have to use examples for your answers from your time working for BA. This is probably why many will have struggled to get an interview because it is hard for them to give really good examples for the application of when and how they have given exceptional service because they have been working for BA for such a short time.

Now I know many of you that have not been through the selection process and are not cabin crew will think. 'Huh that's easy, anyone can give good customer service' and you are right that these crew will have given good customer service I am very sure. It is however truly great examples that are required on the application, of when you went way above and beyond the call of duty, that the selectors will be looking for. So if you have only been working for a few months for BA it will be hard to come up with this kind of example.

On their original application to join BA I think they will have given a great answer and that is why they got an interview but for internal applications they would not have been able to use those examples as they would have been from a previous job. So I do agree and think it is very unfair for these crew.

To all you temps

I think it would be a good idea to email Bill Francis directly and explain your situation to him in a reasoned manner and ask him to look into your plight. Maybe as you have been working for BA for such a short time you could ask that they revisit your original application or just ask him to make an exception for you temps and appeal to his better side and put you straight into the interview process.

I have emailed Bill Francis myself many times and he has always taken the time to reply. Ask him if a few of you can have a face to face chat with him, you might even ask him if there was a possibility if you could be taken on at LGW. Make sure he understands how keen you are and how wonderful you think the new fleet will be !!!!!!!!!! etc. etc. Swallow the pill if you know what I mean.

Good luck to you all.

Last edited by Betty girl; 6th Aug 2010 at 10:35.