PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 6th Aug 2010, 09:27
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is very disappointing to read some of the comments here about Mixed Fleet vs Old Fleet.

First off, we have no evidence whatsoever about the recruitment process involved so to state that the recruitment is much more rigorous than previously is completely unsubstantiated. I thought this was a forum where we based things on facts? The fact is we simply don't know as even normal Cabin Crew Selectors are not involved.

Secondly, they are recruiting currently only for the CSM position - Senior Crew Members. The process for this has always been rigorous - many excellent cabin crew have been turned down in the past for whatever reasons, and that is obviously continuing to happen.

I have found onboard, that the pilots have been an absolute rock of support to us non-strikers, both during the strike and after. It is extremely disheartening therefore to see a small minority on here claiming that Mixed Fleet are somehow going to be "superior" to existing crew. We all recognise that the small minority of BASSA diehards are a thorn in our side, but please don't tar us all with the same brush.

Those of us who crossed the picket line have had an extremely tough time. Crossing the picket line itself was stressful, but having to work now with some of our more militant members is even more stressful. Crew members accosting us - I was approached at the car park bus stop by a "friend" and asked infront of a large crew why I hadn't been at Bedfont (because I'd rather poke my eyes out with chopsticks ). Some are wary or even afraid to go on staff travel, and many are upset because they remained in the Union to vote no, and now haven't been able to accept the company's offer.

We have had more than enough to endure. So leave it out about Mixed Fleet. They are no better or worse than the rest of us; they are simply operating to different agreements. End of.

Even BF said on his last webchat:
"I believe that our existing crews at LHR and LGW give an excellent service and I'm sure they will continue to do just that. I hope that Mixed Fleet will follow in their footsteps."

Can we draw a line under this now please?