PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2010, 08:24
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seniority is the only fair way of running it but must be implemented at the very beginning.
Exactly.

It's easy to support something and insist it is imposed on others when it will not affect you due to your good fortune in joining at the right time.

That is hypocrisy. I have said it before and I will keep saying it.

I will not be dictated to by people like that.

Ignoring seniority is the quickest and the most effective way at destroying moral I am aware of.
I agree, either have or don't have it. I'm not in favour of it myself because it replaces experience and ability with a "buggin's turn" system but if it is in place then at least stick to it. That means no "special favours" because you play golf with the trainers or you come from the "right" airforce squadron or nice little deals being done to protect some and consign others to redundancy. I have seen or suffered all of these things in the past and being a nasty old cynic I have little doubt that the same things will happen again.

I'm afraid that Skyshare or whatever they call themselves will have to do a lot more to convince me that their way is the right way. And no, I am not management, in the pay of management or in the habit of taking warm showers on cool evenings with management. I just need to be sure I am not being taken for a mug. Again.