PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Academy ripping off Jetstar applicants
Old 6th Aug 2010, 07:32
metrosmoker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you work for an airline Jethro?
If not, then considering that all airlines charge for the selection process, it would be safe to assume that you will never apply to or work for an airline?
If you do work for one, how is the view from your seat? Pretty good?
Nice to be able sit up high and hang **** on guys who are only doing what it takes to get a job with the airlines these days.

Not one person has ever came out and said they agree with the way things are going. High paying G.A jobs are rare. So for guys who don`t have one of them, paying $30k for an endoresment that will give you a $30k payrise in your first year, makes perfect economical sense.

Case in point, Me.
I am enjoying my Jet* job? Yes.
Would I like to be payed more and not have payed for my endorsement? Absolutely.
Is it much more than I was on in G.A? Close to $40k more.
Do I like taking off out of Darwin and looking down at the piston`s I used to fly? More of a relief than anything.
Do I like being able to afford to live in a place with airconditioning and not neighbouring on an Aboriginal housing estate? You wanna believe it.
Do I feel bad for doing what I had to do to get where I am?
Not in the slightest. Cause they guy that would have taken my job had I not wouldn`t be giving the first damn thought about my plight.
I live in the real world , not your pilot fantasy land. Wake up to yourself.