PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request details for Cessna Conquest Storm encounter and severe damage after U/A recov
Old 6th Aug 2010, 05:48
betaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centaurus

The aircraft belonged to Anindilyakwa Air (I think that's correct spelling) VH-KUZ Cessna 441 Conquest enroute Groote Eylandt to Darwin.

I saw the aircraft the next morning it wasn't hard to miss there was a crowd about three deep having a gawk at the "new modifications" to the horizontal stabiliser, aft fuselage & remodelled nose. I think the young fellow flying it was very fortunate not to have pulled the wings & or tail off the aircraft, considering the Conquest's history with tail problems.

The other surprising thing was that they didn't write the aircraft off & managed to get it flying again.

Unfortunately it was before camera phones so I don't have any pics but I think there were some pics floating around on the net. I am sure there would be some ex Anindilyakwa boys & girls who would have more details.

PS I think it was around late 1999 or early 2000ish. Did a quick check of the ATSB data base nothing there!

Last edited by betaman; 6th Aug 2010 at 06:05.