PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Academy ripping off Jetstar applicants
Old 6th Aug 2010, 02:25
biggles7374

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given the way that the selection process seemed to have been structured it is not just the guys with 'the green light' that are affected. Guys and girls that forked out approx. $1,000 to travel interstate to attend the process who were rejected in favour of the ATPL holders may have been rejected incorrectly and had their future careers affected by this - arguably with hindsight in a positive way!! ;-)

My perception from participating in the process was that (assuming the standard was met) it was only the top 2 performers in a group of 10 and top 1 performer in a group of 5 that got the opportunity to go in front of Jetstar. I know that the individual who got through in my group of 5 had an ATPL - so assuming my perception is correct, that means 1 of the remaining 4 applicants in the group were possibly rejected incorrectly.

I also had reservations about the manner in which the selection process occurred. Some groups seemed to do the testing and interview prior to the group exercises and others did the testing and group exercises prior to the interview. Consequently some applicants were rejected after the first two elements and did not reach the group exercise, some in other groups did not reach the interview. How can this provide a uniform selection process??

This 'oversight' by Oxford should have been picked up at initial application stage, prior to the selection day. One of the questions on the application form was What licences do you hold? Perhaps this is an indication of how focussed they were towards getting as many people to part with their money as possible?? I know when I arrived at Oxford - and this is no joke - I was greeted not with Good Morning, Welcome to Oxford Aviation Academy but with What is your name?? How will you be paying??

There can be no excuses for oversights like this!!!

Good Luck to all those seeking redress - you deserve to be re-imbursed and not just fobbed of with a flimsy apology if you are lucky!!!