PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up with this career
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2010, 00:09
flash8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
After eight years in the industry I decided to get out. And let me tell you never a better decision have I ever made.

Although not that young any more, and with no particular skills outside of flying I look forward to what the future holds and have already started making plans based on a consistent long-term outlook.

I agree with many posters. Unless you are experienced enough for a DEC or are a 200hr wunderkid with 20K+ you are scr*wed. I have mates out of work with 3K hours on the 737 - one has just signed on (again!). And a DEC? They will scr*w on the T&Cs royally... anywhere... the whole industry is going to the dogs.

I recently read that Eaglejet are now offering P2F LHS 744. That really does say it all. How long before it is commonplace that any Tom, Dick or Harriet can show a cheque in exchange for a command?

I would ingrain that into your minds very deeply. Because that thin edge of a wedge has suddenly become a lot thicker....

Bring back and make mandatory the 700 hour route for everyone.. thats my solution.