PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2010, 17:14
733driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello everyone (and northern boy in particular),

I think you will find that the curent members of Skyshare are made up of a cross-section of all NetJets pilots. That includes F/Os on job share.

To be honest, I am surprised you bring up seniority. We have had a seniority based carreer progression policy for years. Because that's what a majority wants. Skyshare does not need to introduce seniority because it is already in place.

I am afraid you are falling into the "divide and conquer" trap by management. Creating fear is a well known union busting technique.

Skyshare is what we all make of it. It is democratic. There are anual elections and everyone is invited to join and make their voice heard.

We are not trying to harm the business. Why would we want to bite the hand that feeds us? Without wanting to go into details on a public forum I just want to remind you that senior management has been replaced every couple of years or so and is as such mainly interested in short term results and the associated bonusses. We however would like to stick around for a while so we will act responsibly and not risk any jobs with our actions.

I fail to see the connection between potential future job losses and the creation of a union. Anything the union does will have to be backed by a majority of it's memebers. And the US have had a union for many years. That didn's scare away the owners and hasn't stopped investments in the business.

If you go to www.skyshare.eu and read the intro text and the Q&As I think it will be hard to disagree with those statements.

Remember, we have tried to establish a dialogue through Skyshare but that has been rejected by management. Instead they offer a management controlled forum that meets 4 times a year to discuss the issues that management want to discuss. Rememeber, they have unilaterally changed our terms and condition in the past and without a collective agreemet to protect the status quo, nothing stops them from doing it again.

Let's not turn this into an old-farts vs. new-joiners conflict. We are all in it together.

Last edited by 733driver; 5th Aug 2010 at 17:28.