PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2010, 15:16
Snas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carrier of choice

I think this is a bit of a tangent for the thread, but heck here is my ore sticking in for what it’s worth.

For me, especially on SH, it’s about the airport. My disappointment that Coventry were ceasing the regular Spanish flights I had to take was huge. It was park, walk in, wave to security, board aircraft, and job done.

Compared to the completely hellish experience and hurry up and wait mentality of LHR and others where every single aspect of boarding is made as difficult and inefficient as possible this was bliss.

As for service on LH, BA can be the best AND the worst, there is no consistency whatsoever. Knowing a bit about the behind the scenes stuff in my view it’s all down to the attitude of the CSD during briefing. Get a stinker and the crew become equally so, get a good one and the example rubs off accordingly.

So, that in mind if I want good service I would pay to fly with an airline that I can be close to certain will provide it, equally if I’m thinking about cost I’ll go cheap knowing that I’ll be ignored all the way there. BA is a lucky dip.