PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL at LEJ
Thread: DHL at LEJ
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2010, 14:24
MrIkea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not much moving on the Airbus. No new routes whatsoever.(My guess maybe for the winter schedule...) Mind you as well that the guy they rehired was solely to replace a leaving one. And probably same will happen soon. But they still have a couple of guys sitting at home who got dismissed last year...

Phase out of the A300 is probably end 2012 but as we all know, things tend to change in aviation. The brand new 767's coming (3) have nothing to do with that.

My impression is that the atmosphere on the A300 is not so great at the moment. As there is a real lack of information what will happen once they start the phase out.

Work week on the airbus is fairly busy, however the Lej based one's tend to fly a little bit less compared to the bru based ones. Generally speaking min 10 to max 20-ish sectors per 7 days. Ofcourse everybody has to do his share of standby weeks aswell.

Fixed pay is at eat a bit less (due to belgian taxes) than dhk, but perdiems/flight pay (whatever you want to call it) is more. However I've heard stories that starting pay at dhk is not so good, but I do not know if there is any truth to that.

Then ofcourse there are the rumours about the two companies merging one day or another. But can't see that happening to soon...

Plenty of rumours around ;-)