PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2010, 14:17
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chances are that number 950 will get a command after 10 years in NJE... On a small cabin like a Bravo (or whatever it will be by then
10 years for a Bravo LHS?, jesus christ. Should have stayed with the airlines. I'll be at retirement age by then.

The point I was trying to make was that those with the good luck to have joined on the right day managed commands a hell of a lot quicker than that and moved up the fleets rapidly on the basis of their experience, not their date of joining. Those same people are now pushing like hell for a union which on past experience will insist on rigid seniority for anything and everything, despite their doing very nicely without it. Slamming the door and pulling up the ladder is the term for that. Rank hypocrisy is another way of putting it. I wonder how many considered turning their command down in case they were moving ahead of someone who joined before they did? Funny how people develop unshakable principles as long as they don't affect them.

Given also that the company has indicated that there will be no further expansion and a real possibility of job cuts if unionization happens then the same wretched system will ensure that the job cuts fall on the lower half of the list. The same people who have sacrificed 40% of salary and any hope of advancement for 4 years. Those sacrifices will have been made so that those who happened to join at the right time can keep their nice salaries and good jobs.

That is why in my ever so humble opinion, anyone who joined in the last two or three years would be crazy to vote for union recognition. Unions tend to be dominated by those at the top who will happily sell everyone else out to keep their position. Human nature I suppose but I'm damned if I'm voting for it and I would advise all the others with career numbers above 500 to think very hard.

I speak from bitter experience.

Last edited by northern boy; 5th Aug 2010 at 14:36.