PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Look at what BA are up to....
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2010, 11:32
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
JT I should like to think that is true but my experience of living and working in Britain (as an adult) for 35 years says otherwise. I have seen a very considerable number of companies systematically reduce their customer service in the name of profit and BA is but one of the many.

The contra-intuitive way of getting out of a black hole does not occur to the herd mentality that is engendered by the daily examination of the share price. From the days when people invested for the long term, to the days when too many (post 1986) look upon the FTSE as a slot machine, have contributed to the running of PLCs.

There is enough evidence to show that BA has not been listening for many years and I suggest, they are not going to listen now. They have chosen a path and are following it. Good luck to them. If they do (as I have said before) sink lower in the global rankings, it does not matter as new services and carriers will overtake them. Sad? Yes. But it happens all the time. It's called survival of the fittest. In terms of a company it is now thought the survival of the financially fittest but if the service is not there, then the finance will fade.

Over the years I've been participating in this forum, I could not begin to imagine how many sorry tales we have heard of BA responding to complaints with standard letters or no letter. If you write to a company and point out the problem and they do not respond - why do it again? Why keep buying from them?

BA have not been my first choice of carrier for 20 years but I know from the times when I have used them that their service is great. But they went for Dirty Tricks and it's been downhill since. I feel very sorry for the engineering staff and the flight/cabin crew but they will be defeated by their management.