PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2010, 05:49
Jimmy Recard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PF, to be honest I'm not really sure - I've basically been flying for the last month trying to get as much relevant experience in the lead up to the August FSP courses. I asked them to push me and show me as much as possible in a short space of time but now that I've missed this round I'll have to think about what I want to do. I've never really considered a career in aviation outside the ADF however I would consider it to be a waste of time and money to not at least pursue a PPL or the like if I'm going to do the hours. So I guess now that I have more time up my sleeve I'll keep flying and continue to prepare as best as possible for an invite to FSP, whilst at the same time working to fulfil the requirements of the path you're talking about.

That was my thinking too - I'm sure they will take into account the fact that I might have 30 hours compared to someone else doing the Advanced course that might have ten times that - as it's based on rate of learning I can't really see any issue. And yep, more time in the CAP 10 sounds fun! I'm flying a Super Decathlon for aeros by the way. Would love to get up in a biplane at some point - my Dad's mate has a Pitts but apparently it's a fair handful to fly...

Hmmm just saw that last post Romper - nice work throwing a spanner in my master plan. Back to the drawing board...

- Cheers by the way; always good to get advice from someone who has been there and done it themselves.

Last edited by Jimmy Recard; 5th Aug 2010 at 06:05.