PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Talk of Pacific Blue cadetship
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 23:56
DeltaT

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
The chairman of New Zealand Aviation Industry's flight training division, Kevin England, says the time is right for budding pilots to earn their wings.
yet the article goes on to say...

Air New Zealand says it will not need a significant number of new jet pilots until 2016
errr, the flow of pilots to the top is stopped so why would a kiwi pilot bother to train?

For Jetstar, the cadetship provides a reliable stream of pilots trained specifically for its requirements as the airline pursues an aggressive growth strategy.

Bull S***, its all about the extra $$ they can make off training those pilots, and that is all!

Air New Zealand and Pacific Blue are also moving to cadetship schemes after traditionally relying on recruiting pilots from the general aviation sector.
hmmm, didn't I just read that Air NZ needs no more jet pilots until 2016?
No more jet pilots, no flow on up from the turboprops, so why a cadet scheme for Air NZ? weird, I wonder why? anyone like to say it?
And because of the lack of demand from Air NZ combined with some of the pilots that do continue to train anyway then not having that employer to go to, why would Pacific Blue then need a cadet scheme with surplus pilots around? ($$$$$$$$)

Mr England says: "For that to happen, there has got to be some kind of standardisation and consistency on how we deliver a programme".
At long last, the powers that be in NZ Aviation someone has finally admitted it that NZ training standards are s***