PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 20:13
fox niner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read the report, a few months back.
And all the time, there has been a uncomfortable feeling lurking in the back of my mind. And it is all about ONE word, one key word, that I found in the report:

HOCAM....

You can find it in the CVR transcript, on numerous places. Apparently it means "instructor" in Turkish, and it is used by the two other pilots on the flight deck whenever they had something to say to their captain. And they never used any other name/title/word to get something across.

To me, that smells like a very, very steep cockpit gradient. one Hocam and two zero's.

But it doesn't end there, unfortunately. The report looks pretty complete, exept that it does not adress this "little" problem. Why not? Is it too sensitive? Some sort of Pandora's Box?
Are the Dutch investigators too afraid to include it in the report?

Remember that the Netherlands is a society that thrives by means of concensus-building. I am a Dutch citizen myself and I know what "damage" it can do. --> Just keep on talking until everyone can be sort of happy with some part of the report.
This is the essence of Dutch politics/problem solving, but it does mean that an investigative report might not include everything that should be in it.