PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 4th Aug 2010, 19:06
DeThirdDefect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the impression from what Willie said this afternoon that (whilst BASSA might have a different view of things) Tony Woodley and Derek Simpson were prepared to accept BA's figures or at least didn't see any point in challenging them.

If it is a choice between a figure that is produced by querying a payroll computer system for the number of people who've had wages docked for being on strike and one that is produced by a check of the number of pieces of paper (some of which may be duplicates and some of which may have been invalid) in an office, I know in which I'd place more trust.

In some ways, it matters far less to BA than it does to BASSA how many people actually supported the strike.
What matters to BA is that it is able to operate as much as possible of a normal timetable during the strike.
I imagine Willie would much rather have a strike in which 66% of cabin crew participate during which we operate 66% of flights than a strike in which 33% of cabin crew participate during which we operate 33% of flights.

Last edited by DeThirdDefect; 4th Aug 2010 at 20:34.