PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabair (Merged '11)
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 15:07
Heliskier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi David, Graham Austin is no longer Chief Exec. He left about 2 years ago and Mike Watt now fills that role.

Iranair, I was at Cranfield but I would guess smart trousers and a shirt (or suit) on the first day. It is unlikely that you will be flying on the very first day as there are always lots of other things to run through but maybe end of that week, very start of the next.

As for Cabair being your last choice, I would have to disagree. I never found a problem getting onto the DA40. Fair enough, the course definitely lasts longer than 13 months but I think they have now changed their promo blurb to a 62 week course. Some people did manage to complete the course in 15 months but I still think 17-18 months is more realistic and in line with the other schools. Having left nearly a year ago I can tell you that they don't just forget about you but you do have to work at keeping yourself fresh in their minds. If you sit back and expect a job to come to you then you will be stuck for a long time! They do still have industry contacts and they can still make recommendations (once that area picks up again). Oxford and CTC do look better connected but that doesn't mean that Cabair have nothing.