PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 14:47
Snas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JohnoWhiskey

You are correct, my own partner thought long and hard about leaving, the process commencing with the 12 days announcement, she had abstained from that ballot.

She held membership to allow her to cast a no vote in the re-ballot that followed and then left, I know many members retained membership specifically so that they could vote against further IA and are still members – the result of this being that they were unable to accept the offer as mailed out by Mr Francis a week or so back. This is unfortunate, not BA’s fault as such as they are legally prevented from attempting to encourage employees to leave (or switch) a union.

My partner’s situation (I’ll be brief as I have been banging on about it enough recently) was that she left in Feb but has been fighting to get the union to acknowledge same ever since, she doesn’t seem to be alone in this regard.

The acceptance of the offer however was basically a self declaration that you were not a union member on the date, which she was able to honestly make.

I’m left to wonder how many wanted to sign but were unable to or indeed how many were unable to but signed anyway?

For my part BASSA is a bad union, end of. She's better off out. The very idea that any of the fools that I have come to know so well since Christmas should ever have to represent her at any form of hearing would fill me with dread.