PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: The multi engine debate.
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 13:34
RatsoreA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know, there must be something wrong with me...

I don't have a feverish desire to work for an airline... I like tooling around in Aerostars and Chieftains.

Obviously I should have my medical revoked on grounds of some sort of mental imbalence!

That aside,

It's about time the lower end of GA got over their refusal to move with the times. Operations that are so marginal that they can only survive by using antiquated equipment need to be culled.

Sorry, I know many won't like that, but FFS this is 2010... let's move on!
If that were to happen, GA would be a memory over night.

I don't think they are refusing to move with the times, but there simply isn't the money out there to do it. You can't get blood from a stone. Sure, I wouldn't mind tooling around in a brand new B200, but the income stream doesn't exist. I am curious to see what aircraft that people that complain think we should replace the fleet with? The only aircraft that have been made in the last ten years that are of a similar size/capabilites are still using the same engines that are in service now on older airframes and are still certified to the same standards. We live in a world where finance is a consideration to nearly everything and that is something that will never change. Not trying to be argumentative, just saying it how I see it.

It's actually quite a sad state of affairs, and one that is unlikely to change, except for maybe the worse! Polititians will never do anything about it, as it is not a high profile issue and doesn't affect a large percentage of the population. No votes and therefore no incentive to change it. CASA won't do anything, they are answerable only unto them selves and like any all powerful dictatorship, they are 'never wrong'. Pilots will never 'band together under one banner' to effect change. Just look at this forum. Intelligent professional pilots can't come to one concencuss about engine handling/training/whatever on something SO IMPORTANT that the blood we would like to be getting from some stone somewhere is coming from our own ranks.

I started this reply with something about M/E things, but now I can't remember what the hell I was going to say! Time for my nap I think.

I will edit and add it if I remember!