PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Look at what BA are up to....
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 12:10
manintheback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever since Eddington came on board BA seem to have become spectacularly good at alienating its best premium passengers, for me its now just one of a number of airlines I look at where once it was BA wherever possible.

Just a couple of examples of the stupidity
Old days a very high usage Gold Car holder - something like £100k a year spend if I recall - you got a freebie silver card for the wife/partner. Everytime my wife flew to see me at personal cost so in the back - of course she used BA. Cost to BA a cup of coffee in the lounge. Benefit withdrawn. Started flying other carries depending on schedule.

High usage Gold Car holder - 2 free upgrades. Cost to BA, effectively zero.Then made it almost impossible to use the damn things irrespective of seat availability or not. Result - holiday flights and personal cost flights - booked on best available airline.

Expecting a passenger who has just spent over £3 grand on a biz class flight to fork out another £120 to choose a seat at time of booking. Companies pay for the flight but they wont pay to book a seat in advance. Result, other carrier used.