PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 11:11
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedbrakes

I don't think there is much doubt about Jet2 intention at East Mids, they are investing heavily in brand awareness and on good time keeping at EMA just has they did at Leeds with the first 737 on AMS and having a service back up from day one.

It is a much larger catchment area than Leeds and the loads and yields have been excellent so far. I have heard 2 757's and 1 733 from the start of April next year, what can WW do if anything, they are far smaller than Jet2 with only dozen aircraft & 5 or 6 at EMA Jet2 have night mail aircraft there anyway.

I don't see long term WW in the bmi group, Jet2 looked at them when LH had its car boot sale as did others, but no one was interested,the problem was the high lease cost of their old fleet and high pilot labour & pension costs with many earning over a £100k, perhaps with lease running out and a pay freeze that might change in the future, shame really because they started early and could/should have been a big player, but Sir bled it dry

Ryanair wont give a fig what Jet2 do its not the same market and Jet2holidays are taking a bigger and bigger share of Jet2 flights helped by the pound against the Euro and people learning that a do it your self holiday is often much more expensive than an all inclusive one and a lot more risky if things go wrong or you get flight cancellations as Easyjet are having to do with lack crews or Ryanair do when it suits, Jet2 have a much bigger incentive to get you were your going to because its costs them much more to cance.l