PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French licence conversion to CAA UK
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 10:05
Safety Concerns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am actually dual nationality French/Canadian with a UK licence. I have worked all over the world, hands on and quality and have met literally thousands of licence holders from all over the world. I have also worked closely with numerous authorities.

I am currently in the UK, hands on because I want to retire here.

If I ever needed to be convinced about quality which I didn't its being proven right here and now. The truth whether you can accept it or not is really quite simple.

The UK clearly leads the way on a par with Australia. Australia may even have the edge now as a result of EASA. Some European countries come close to the UK CAA but most lag well behind. Many still don't have reporting systems for example.

But the real issue as I said isn't about using a screwdriver or spanner. The real issue is about culture, safety culture. Many Europeans are excellent with their hands, will match you yard for yard on the job until you hit a safety call. That's where your UK and Aussie LAME scores big points.

I don't see what you hope to achieve by calling black, white. Once you have experience of the bigger picture and saw where safety within this industry is heading you wouldn't make the comments you do. They are indeed genuine but naive.