PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnect Auckland
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 07:32
flygaljen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Kate

Congrats on getting to the Assessment day! Its pretty much outlined above by Coco25 but I'll give you my experience anyway!

You arrive and your documents get checked by a Jetconnect Staff member - make sure you have EVERYTHING, or proof that you have enrolled in say your FirstAid or RSA. One girl walked in and had forgotten her passport - not a good look. Remember first impressions!

From there you sit at a numbered table that you are given & begin your first group activity - this could be anything but is usually based around problem solving & team work. I think its good to make sure you throw some ideas on the table, but not to be overbearing/bossy. A Jetconnect staff member will sit at the table & observe. Each table then has to 'deliver' their outcome to the other candidates. This can be a bit nervewracking - but I went out of my comfort zone & spoke infront of everybody...hey at the end of the day I might be standing infront of 250+ passengers!

This is normally it, and you should get a yes/no phone call later that day, or perhaps the day after. From there the 2nd stage is a panel interview.

I found out last week that I start my training for Long Haul in a couple of weeks - have to say I've never been so happy in my life haha. Coco25 is right - try & be as natural as possible, even myself as a fellow candidate I could tell who was being genuine & who wasn't. Let your natural personality shine through - smile, and actively go out of your way to try and talk to a few of the other girls/guys. Lot'sa luck!