PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Wealthy businessman attacked a helicopter"
Old 4th Aug 2010, 07:02
Coconutty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think all that needs to be said about Choppies speculation has been said - But I still wonder what he would actually have done if it had been him ....

Line drawn under that one ----------------------------------------------------------

But moving back to the "chain of events", there's an interesting comment from one of the other residents to speculate over, that might have indicated such a probem could have arisen.

Apparantly at least some of the other residents have had prior dealings with him :
He is a controversial character whose conviction for this offence and 12 month custodial sentence will bring a sense of relief to residents.
So - You're planning on being picked up by a helicopter that is going to land outside shared accommodation where a "Controversial Character" also lives.

For some reason other residents, but not this character, are informed of the plan - Why was that ?

Was it because whoever had to tell him feared the response they might receive, and just decided to carry on regardless without telling him ?

Why wasn't he informed in writing with a suitably worded note through his letter box ?

Maybe if he HAD been informed in advance he wouldn't have been so mad on the day, or maybe he would have made his objections known in advance so that an alternative plan could have been made to everyone's satisfaction.

Maybe previous dealings with him have resulted in the other residents (justifiably) avoiding him, which has added fuel to his anger when something happens that he hasn't been told about - particularly when he finds out that everyone else knew about it ?

There you go - Speculation AND hindsight

In no way am I condoning Jafari, just looking at it from a slightly different angle of "How do you deal with a bad tempered, irresponsible, unreasonable, angry, dangerous and potentially violent resident"

Yes, yes, I know - Of course there was no REQUIREMENT to tell him - the pilot had permission to land, and did so quite lawfully, and why should such an idiot have to be pandered to etc ? -

Simple - because he IS an idiot and the sensible ones amongst us have a responsibility to mitigate for people like him and thus minimse the potential risk to everyone else.

Jafari definitely got what he deserved though and should count himself lucky to be alive.

He should have got an extra 6 months just for turning up in front of the Judge wearing that shirt !

And another 6 for feeding his dogs with chicken bones !
( No prizes for guessing what breed his dogs are )