PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fury as helicopter crew use helicopter for SAR mission
Old 4th Aug 2010, 00:42
SASless

Received 561 Likes on 230 Posts
I am greatly surprised by all this....as anyone knows SAR folks are not very adept at picking up any kind of pussy as they never quit talking long enough for the victim of their attention to say yes. Tiddles must have been properly mortified when manhandled by the Meat on the String....who most surely would have had to be wearing welding gloves and a leather apron which I am sure is proper HSE safety gear for handling previously treed felines inside the cabin, cockpit, tailboom, and electronics spaces of an airborne SeaKing.

Would it not have been more effective just to wait old Tiddles out....as like SAR crews....she wouldn't miss a meal time under any circumstance. A bowl of Fancy Feast at the foot of the tree would have had her down from her perch in just a few shakes.

Failing that....a farmer's twelve bore and some number six shot would have fetched her out in a flash.

Missy...my twelve week old kitten reviewed this post and suggest options two ond three were more Feline Friendly than the option used....that being having Tiddles actually ride a helicopter for any distance.