PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the situation in KAL
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 21:09
ShockWave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am with Kal on the 777. It is a job, they pay me money to do it and I sigh hugely on the way home on the freedom flight each month. You will do a hard months work in under 18 days. The rest between flights is minimal by necessity but you do get good rest on lay overs and on board the aircraft. Don't risk your career for the sake of working for Kal, but if you really need a job, or job change then it is an ok place to be for a while. The people are fine generally once you have checked out, but don't expect to be best mates with everyone you fly with.
The 737 is the junior fleet for the locals so crews are mainly younger and obviously also less experienced.
Most of the political assassinations during the interview sim or line training are aimed at expat Captains. Very few of the assassins can perform to the same level that we are expected to achieve but that wont stop them from lying and falsifying your results to make themselves feel better. I don't think there is a korean word for professionalism, in this regard.